Saturday, February 29, 2020

Our story, but for real!

Im back again! This time i wanted to bring in the real story of Essena O’Neill that relates to our film opening plot. In case you haven’t read my previous posts, my film opening for my aice media studies class is going to be based around a online model and her toxic relationship with social media. This isn’t a crazy out of this world idea, here is it happening for real (Article) the model that speaks out against how people can become obsessed and absorbed in social media said “Without realizing, I’ve spent the majority of my teenage life succumbing to social media addiction, social approval, social status, and my physical appearance,” O’Neill wrote in an October 27th Instagram post. “Social media, especially how I used it, isn’t real. It’s a system based on social approval, likes, validation in views, success in followers. It’s perfectly orchestrated self-absorbed judgment.” This is perfect for how we want to present our story and we can continue to look at this her story as a reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment