Friday, February 21, 2020

Planning Updates!

Hey again! So between my last blog post and now we have began scheduling our overall proeuction outline. Our story planning is going to have to wait until we all meet up again as in person talks are much better for that type of thing. We wanted to set up a set schedule of what we will be doing on what days until our opening is due on April 5th. Having a set schedule would relieve a lot of stress so we don't have to rush certain parts of the project and can give each section(filming, editing, storyboarding, etc) the best amount of time possible. However, our group comes across a roadblock(hopefully this isn't foreshadowing things to come). Oliver and I both work about 4 days a week at different jobs. Our schedules conflict a lot and we only get our schedules a week in advance so planning a month ahead is difficult. I'm not looking forward to having this talk with my manager so soon after taking a ton of time off for my last project.

I really want to focus on proper planning for this video. In our last big project in AICE Media Studies AS I worked with Oliver and Katherine again on making a music campaign for a new band that we created(Summary of the project here). My biggest takeaway from that project was the importance of planning, for the music campaign our planning was pretty lackluster. This brought about a lot of stress and rush nearing the due date of the project and I do not wish to ever have to go through that again. We are collectively going to keep looking at dates to figure out our schedule and I will write an update on that when I have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment