Saturday, April 11, 2020

Project Reflection

My project has taken a couple of unexpected turns since my group first started. When we first had our opening concept and ideas we didn't know it yet but we were way in over our heads. We started with the concept of a schizophrenic girl who uses art to control her illness. We were really into this idea and even had a little storyboard down but after receiving input from our peers and teacher we knew we were thinking way too big and representation would be extremely hard for us. After a couple of hours of thinking of new ideas we came up with something we have all experienced to a certain degree or know someone who has, this idea is "Social Media Addiction" we spent a bit polishing the idea and went into pre-production thinking more realistic than we would have if we had not thought of the schizophrenia idea first. We spent a lot of time trying to make an empty room in Oliver's house look natural and like a real bedroom but to no avail. Katherine spent a considerable amount of time setting her room up and killed it with mise-en-scene so we switched our setting to her room. During this time The Coronavirus scare was beginning, this led to not being able to buy more props and perfect our set, even with all the problems Corona caused we were still able to find a day to film and Katherine absolutely nailed the set and acting even though we were not able to buy any of the props we wanted. After this, I set up a station in my office at home where Oliver and I could edit the opening. When Corona got worse both Oliver and I were stuck in our houses so it was up to me to finish the edit. We were able to communicate online and Oliver was still able to help me edit from a distance. I have seen my production skills and creativity grow a ton during this project and it also helped me come up with solutions on the fly. I made sure to get some feedback from others before I sent out the opening to my partners and with that being finished I am extremely relieved and happy that our opening turned out the way it did. It was a nice change from the usual projects I am given in my school courses.

No comments:

Post a Comment