Friday, April 10, 2020

Our Final Edit

Hello! I am not sure if I mentioned it previously but I despise editing. I have learned through many projects that I like being behind the scenes and not in the spotlight. However, editing is the exception,  I love learning SFX and implementing them but I find line editing extremely monotonous and not fun in the slightest. Our group perfectly navigated this by deciding to have Oliver who is a great editor do all the line editing with my creative oversight. Due to The Coronavirus, this put us in a position where I would be the only one finishing the final edit that Oliver started. My main method of voice communication is an application called discord that I love using. One of the program's features allows somebody to stream their monitor and audio to someone else in a call while you are talking to them. Using this Oliver was able to guide me through the process and make the whole situation a little less painful. After we got it to a good point and Oliver had to go to work I called up my close friends Ryan Orejarena and Nick Ramos to get their opinions so the final product would be as polished as possible. Using their advice I was able to polish my color grading and audio to make our final edit. If anyone from discord is reading this please sponsor me.

No comments:

Post a Comment